French Spinach Frittata
Add scallions, spinach and feta cheese to this classic oven-baked egg dish for a healthy frittata you can serve for breakfast, lunch, brunch or dinner. Try substituting cheddar, swiss or ricotta cheese for variety.
Prep Time: 15 Min
Cook Time: 30 Min
Ready In: 45 Min
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups spinach (finely chopped; if frozen spinach is used, thaw and squeeze out excess liquid)
- 4 scallions (root ends discarded, green and white parts chopped into 1/4 inch-pieces)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Put the eggs, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl and stir with a fork until well combined.
- Add spinach, scallions and feta cheese and mix well.
- Put an 8-inch ovenproof skillet on the stove over medium heat and, when hot, add oil.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and carefully transfer to the oven. Bake until the eggs are set and the top is golden, about 30 minutes.
- Serve right away or cover and refrigerate overnight.
Chef's Note: You may substitute cheddar, swiss or ricotta cheese for feta.
Amount per serving: Calories: 121; Total Fat: 8 g; Saturated Fat: 2 g; Trans Fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 251 mg; Sodium: 313 mg; Carbohydrate: 3 g; Fiber: 1 g; Protein, 10 g.
Recipe courtesy of "What's Cooking? USDA Mixing Bowl" and the USDA Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion.